Friday, July 16, 2010

For Moi?

Apparently, I have been given the...drumroll please...Versatile Blogger Award.  A big thank you to my friend-of-many-years Pam , who nominated me for this award.

So the rules are that if I accept this honor, I must:
1. Thank the person who gave it to me
2. List seven things about myself.
3. Pass it on.

Seven things about myself:
1. I'm a foodie. I love everything about good organic, nutritious food, from shopping for it to preparing it, to eating it. I even read about food in my spare time.
2. My husband is the only person I've ever courted. We met when I was 13 and he was 14, carried on a long distance, letter-writing relationship for 7 years, and married  on the 7th anniversary of the day we met.
3. I love my job as a homemaker. Really. I even like to do laundry.
4. I'm a bibliophile. We had to build our house, because all the ready-made houses we looked at didn't have enough room for all our books. We designed our house around our library.
5. I make a game of bargain shopping. I love scouring ebay, consignment shops, and second-hand shops for expensive, brand name (especially European brand) clothes and shoes for my kids. A couple of my finds: $80 shoes for $1.99. $120 snowsuit for $4.  I love finding funky looks for a fraction of the cost.
6. The dream I share with my husband is in the very near future owning a large tract of land and growing most of our food. Sad thing is that I have a brown thumb and everything dies under my tender ministrations. Maybe I'll have better success with the animal husbandry. I'll leave the gardening to Benj.
7. I can still recite the first part of the Prologue to Chaucer's Canterbury Tales--in Middle English.

Passing it on:
To Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete

Free Counters