Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A first

I was changing the sheets on all of the beds yesterday evening (a job I despise, but I love the results. If I had a maid, I would have fresh sheets every single day. But I digress.) Mercy wandered in and asked what I was doing. I told her, and she asked why. I said, "Oh, we get sweaty, and the sheets get dirty after awhile. I put fresh sheets on your bed too. Isn't that nice?" She responded earnestly, "No. I don't want fesh sheets. I want the old ones. I like them all peaceful and dirty."

Anyone who knows my obsessive-compulsive cleaning habits has to know that that was the first time in the history of our home that the words "peaceful" and "dirty" have been used in the same sentence. Sometimes I really wonder if she has ANY of my DNA. Silly child.

1 comment:

Free Counters