
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I haven't done a "Not Me" in a while, but I haven't done some doozies recently and thought it was about time.
I didn't have a cloth diaper cover come up missing and STAY missing for several weeks. And I didn't come to the conclusion that I inadvertantly threw away that very expensive diaper cover rather than throw it in the wet bag where it belonged, since the cover is nowhere to be found in my house. And it wasn't my favorite "ocean blue" cover. No way. I'm not that addle brained.
I did not tell Mercy that we didn't have to have berserk rather than desert every night, because that's what she calls it, thanks to Sandra Boynton's beloved Hippos Go Berserk book. The book has nothing to do with desert. Just hippos. But somehow, Mercy apparently likes the word berserk, and uses it in the place of desert so regularly that I started saying it too without thinking. The words kind of sound alike. Or not.
I did not catch myself before nearly setting my 6-week old on the floor, thinking sub-consciously that he would walk away, after I changed his diaper. I mean, that would be silly. After all, he's not AS BIG AS MERCY WAS when she started walking. Really, what was I thinking?
I most certainly didn't walk out of the house without a skirt on (just a blouse and slip and shoes) because I thought I was dressed and ready to go. That wouldn't be modest at all, and I would never do such a thing. And I absolutely do not leave the house more times than I can count without even looking in the mirror...which is probably why I didn't walk out of the house without a skirt on.
I did not just FINALLY get Zion's birth announcements addressed this week. And I didn't realize when I was on my way to the post office that I hadn't glued the envelopes shut (I can't lick them as there's gluten in the glue--go figure). They are certainly not still sitting on my front seat waiting to be glued and mailed. Of course not. I won't be sending out his first birthday announcements till I get the birth announcements mailed, especially since I didn't pay to have them shipped overnight to me so I could get them out as soon as possible...three weeks ago.
Finally, there was no way I drank 16 ounces of green tea, and then drank coffee on top of that before grocery shopping with all three children, which did not result in a frantic need to pee (an urge that cannot be denied so soon after having a baby!). I did not wedge my shopping cart, bearing all of my children and groceries, past the "No merchandise beyond this point" sign, only to find that the handicap/family stall was unusable. I did not leave the stall door open with the cart in front of the doorway while I peed. No indeed. I would never give up my modesty for the health and well-being of my children. (After all, if you think of what we do to bring them into this world...)
Glad I know I'm not pregnant, as some of my behavior would be seriously suspect for pregnancy brain. What have you (not) been up to this past week?



No comments:
Post a Comment