Monday, February 1, 2010
You're a mom...
My kids love music. They love happenin' music, as a matter of fact. So the standard scintillating Children's Bible Hour music **shudder** and Wee Sing just don't cut it for them. I'm always scouring for music for them. They listen to a lot of classical, folk, easy (kennyG), and whatever Benj and I are listening to. Someone recently suggested Go Fish, a Christian group of three dads who advertise their music as "music for toddlers that won't drive their parents bonkers." Mercy and Judah go nuts when I put on this music. They dance, laugh, jump around, and run in circles. Their favorite is the "Jammies Song," but I love this tribute to moms. It isn't rose-colored or sentimental, which I love since, I'm finding that motherhood is 99% hard work, and 1% rosy and sentimental. Pause the music on my playlist and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I've heard a lot about this group, but never have heard them! I'll have to see if the kids like them.
ReplyDeleteAnother CD kids love: Tony Bennett's album for kids, "The Playground." We love his other stuff, too, and Olivia can pick out his voice instantly when we play it.
Go Fish was in Kokomo on their last tour. If I would have known beforehand, I would have let you know!
ReplyDelete