It's only taken me a month to upload Christmas photos. I am not the best historian. I mean, I TAKE the pictures, but I don't DO anything with them. I do make sure the date stamp is on them so my biographer can make sense of everything. I know. I'm generous and thoughtful like that. We won't even talk about baby books. When it comes to "hmmm, do I feed my whining, hungry children or write in this baby scrapbook?" or "let's see, do I wash laundry so Benj doesn't have to go to work naked in the morning, or paste these pictures in the baby book (with acid-free glue, of course)?" or "wow, I can't decide whether to fall into bed before I pass out on my feet, or carefully decorate this baby book page with die-cuts," there is just no contest. I'll give you a clue...the baby book doesn't win. I'm sure there are mothers out there who are able to keep their children fed, clean, and happy while keeping their houses immaculate AND are STILL able to record every minutiae of their darling's lives in pretty blue and pink books. And I salute them, though I suspect these are the same moms who had babies who slept 12 hours a night at 6 weeks old, instead of 45 minutes at a time, like mine did. I don't write down dates either, as I never seem to have a pen handy in the interest of keeping my children from eating them, poking out their own, or a sibling's eyes, or decorating my furniture. I know roughly when important events occurred, but that's about it. And really, are they going to need exact dates for college applications or curriculum vitae (says she, trying to make herself feel less guilty for her egregious shortcomings)?
But I digress. Here are the crazy pictures:
And finally, here is a short video of Judah opening gifts...pause the music on my playlist, turn up the volume, and enjoy!



If it makes you feel any better, I'm still in October with my picture uploads. And nope, haven't scrapped a bit in years, even though my children sleep. I'm with you there!
ReplyDeleteDid Judah ever figure out that he was supposed to OPEN the present?? He's so adorable.