(Benj's car in our drive, for comparison purposes)
We have about 20 inches so far, and it's not supposed to stop till tomorrow morning. It's beautiful, but the children and I are quite literally snowed in. Benj had to be at work this morning for a 12 hour shift (and Sunday, and 8 on Monday), so he took the AWD truck with cables on the tires. Besides the fact that I can't drive stick shift, the Saturn is useless in bad weather, so we're stranded for awhile. Benj doesn't mind driving in snow and was planning to come home tonight, but I had an idea that wouldn't happen. Our homeowner's association does contract with a snow removal service for greater than 8 inches of snow (generous of them, right? ) and our lane and drive have been plowed, but that was at noon. A lot of snow has come down since then. I have no way of checking the paved road...I'm NOT walking up through the woods in almost 2 feet of snow. The problem isn't so much getting home. Benj could probably do that. The problem is that he has to turn around and go back to the hospital tomorrow, and it's supposed to snow all night. I packed him a change of uniforms, pajamas, a toiletry bag, and enough food and snacks for 2 days. I'm not sure if he'll just crash at the hospital in an empty room, or if he'll go to a co-workers house to stay.
In the meantime, Thing One, Thing Two, and I are fine. We have plenty of firewood, food, and new movies. We haven't gotten the high winds that were forecast, so I'm not worried about power outages, which would make our adventure a little rough. It would be perfect, if Benj were here.



Oh wow! So beautiful! How much did you get altogether?
ReplyDeleteSnort. Yeah. It was beautiful until Benjy got the truck stuck in the YARD. Don't even ask. Now the yard is ripped up PLUS has ashes all over the place for traction. Grr. It looks like between what I measured, and the semi-official count for the county, we got about 2 feet.
ReplyDelete