Saturday, October 10, 2009

International Children's Festival



We headed south to the International Children's Festival this morning. It was a toss-up...this weekend is also the greatly anticipated Apple Butter Festival in our own little town. I'm so glad we chose the children's festival. The children had a load of fun (okay, and I admit it--Benj and I did too). There were indoor displays from around 30 different countries. There were instruments to touch and play and buy, foods to try, demonstrations to see, handprints to make, and friends to meet.

We missed the tae kwon doe demonstrations and dough juggling, but were just in time for some international singing, African drumming, and Indian dancing. By the time we had watched all these wonderful things, the children were too tired to get their passports stamped at all the display tables, or get their faces painted, but it was still well worth the trip. I'm hoping that if there is another festival next year, we can go earlier in the morning so we can see more before the naptime meltdowns start.

The indoor displays from around the world where we could get our "passports" stamped.


Judah with Auntie



Indian dancer (this is actually a doctor Benj works with at the hospital...he was just a little surprised!)

Bollywood dancers from an Indian dance academy

Mercy dancing with the African drummers

Clutching the wooden African giraffe the sweet African lady gave Mercy

The African drumming ensemble.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters