Friday, October 16, 2009

Autumn Adventures

A cold rainy day with two grouchy kids and stir crazy mom & dad was a good time to pull out a craft project. Mercy had fun making her "hand" turkey. Judah preferred eating the crayons and gluing his fingers together.



As you can see, Judah had a little help. He mainly pushed the pieces of paper down after I glued them.

A new way to play the piano. Being the attentive and cautious mother I am, I didn't grab the camera FIRST and rescue later.

I spy...Judah!

Mercy has been sick this week. She woke up with 103 degree fever on Monday morning, and it went as high as 105. She had no other symptoms, and was eating, drinking and playing pretty much normally, but we were worried she had influenza. Finally, Tuesday evening, after it was too late to call the doctor (of course) she started complaining that her ear hurt. I took her to the doctor the next evening, and she has a double ear infection. Her fevers are gone, but she's been waking up multiple times at night because of the ear pain, despite Tylenol or Motrin. We'll all be glad when she's feeling better.

Not surprisingly, being under the weather hasn't kept Mercy from amusing us with her speeches and expresses. The other night, she was lying on our bed while Benj read her bedtime stories to her. Benj had socks on, and he was moving his toes inside his socks. Mercy said "Daggy's socks are wild!" I have no idea where that came from, but it seriously tickled us.

1 comment:

  1. Give Miss Mercy a hug from Auntie Pam! The night trials never end, do they??

    Cute turkey idea. We've traced hands and colored the fingers before, but I hadn't thought of cutting out extra "fingers" for the feathers. Fun, Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Free Counters