Hard to believe my Mercy-girl is 3 today. In some ways, she seems so grown-up. Her vocabulary is amazing. She's funny and sensitive. If she's in another part of the house playing, she'll stick her head out in the hall, and say "Are you all right, Mama?" She's motherly and sweet and generous. But in other ways, she still seems like such a baby. I was looking at her hands the other day, and she still has dimples across her little knuckles. I told Benj that as long as she has dimples on her hands, she's a baby! Her name, Mercy Eliana, means "in mercy my God has answered me." Happy birthday, sweet answer to prayer!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Happy Birthday, Mercy!
Hard to believe my Mercy-girl is 3 today. In some ways, she seems so grown-up. Her vocabulary is amazing. She's funny and sensitive. If she's in another part of the house playing, she'll stick her head out in the hall, and say "Are you all right, Mama?" She's motherly and sweet and generous. But in other ways, she still seems like such a baby. I was looking at her hands the other day, and she still has dimples across her little knuckles. I told Benj that as long as she has dimples on her hands, she's a baby! Her name, Mercy Eliana, means "in mercy my God has answered me." Happy birthday, sweet answer to prayer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



She's so adorable. Still remember like it was yesterday when we were IMing (when we had time for such things!), and you told me you were going to call me. I remember growing cold, then hot...so excited that you might be going to tell me that you were pregnant!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Mercy! Much love from your long-lost Auntie. Wish I could give you a day-after-the-birthday hug!