Sunday, November 1, 2009

Top 5 Reasons Why My Children Woke Me At 6:45 This Morning

5. Daylight Savings Time ended today, and nearly everyone else in the country got an extra hour of sleep.
4. They wanted to make the time between "wakey, wakey" and naptime even longer than usual to test my level of sanity today.
3. Judah wanted to get an early start on removing a dirty diaper and fingerpainting on the the floor with the contents of the diaper.
2. Mercy wanted to get an hour head start on shattering our only remaining shot glass (for making espresso, not drinking whiskey...though the Wild Turkey I bought for a recipe is looking rather inviting this morning. Never mind. I no longer own a SHOT GLASS!) on the floor before her daddy and I had even had our coffee. I love running the vacuum before I've had my coffee.

And the number 1 reason my children woke me at 6:45 on the day Daylight Savings Time ended:

I AM SUPERMOM (HEAR ME ROAR). I CAN DO IT ALL WITHOUT SLEEP.

3 comments:

  1. That stinks.

    I will empathize, since I didn't get my extra hour either. Only I chopped it off on the other end of the night.

    SuperMoms rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the extra our either. A certain tiny member of our family decided she wanted to eat instead of letting Mommy sleep. :)

    Yes, SuperMoms rule!

    ReplyDelete

Free Counters