Friday, August 28, 2009

Seeing the world through rose-colored glasses a glass plate


Judah loves to put just about anything over his face and peer through it. He puts silkies over his head and then yanks them away and grins when we say "peekaboo." He puts baskets and bowls on his head like hats, and he likes to look through anything clear. Here, he was inspecting the house through a glass plate.



Mercy is our multi-tasker. She "reads" while she's riding her bike, while she's sitting on the potty, and she'll even look at one book while we're reading her another. Busy, busy.

Benj snapped this pic of her just because.

In other news, we're potty training. Mercy has been ready for some time, as she would come and tell me when her diaper needed changed, but she steadfastly refused to sit on the potty. She would have falling-down and screaming fits when I would "encourage" her to give it a try. Well, I'm tired of changing stinky diapers when I don't have to. So she now has no choice. I took the diapers off her and she's running around bare-bum for the weekend. She hasn't had any accidents yet, and did actually go on the potty once. I'm hoping we can have this down pat in a few weeks. In a way, I dread the first few weeks. Diapers ARE convenient when I'm out running around. I was really worried about having to stop the truck for urgent entreaties from the backseat, and having to drag two kids into a public bathroom (Blech. I'm totally OCD about public bathrooms. I have to be ready to burst before I will use one.) But my thoughtful mother-in-law bought me a travel potty that can sit right in the back of the truck. I just have to find a safe place to pull over, stick her in the back, and no public bathrooms. I wish they made those for adults.

Anyway.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Counters