Monday, June 22, 2009




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I did not spend an entire week making gourmet food for my dear friend Pam and her family, whom I only see a couple times a year and then make them eat off paper plates the ENTIRE time they were here.

I further did not allow aforementioned dear friend, whom I only see a couple times a year, to do ALL my dishes the whole time she was visiting. No, not me!

And I certainly did not respond "You ought to be" when my sweet daughter tearfully said "Sorry mamma" after I fussed and scolded her for shoving her brother. Not me, for I know how impressionable she is and certainly don't want to pay for cause her to need therapy when she's grown up. Even though it was the millionth time I had told her not to shove/hit/kick or otherwise assault her brother.

I did not sit with my two year old and eat an entire box of bunny grahams at one time.

I also did NOT laugh at Mercy when she informed me that Judah had a "poopy bum." No, not me, since I know that she will likely embarrass me someday soon when she reports this information loudly at an inopportune moment. Neither did I allow Judah to take a bite out of a raw onion that he had dragged out of the pantry instead of taking it from him so I could run and get my camera and get a picture of his adorable, ridiculous self.

And I absolutely did not give my little insomniac, who was up from 1:45 am to around 4am, milk, books, music, an Honest Kids drink, and a cup of yoghurt so she would shut up and go to sleep be comfortable enough to sleep the rest of the night.

No, not me!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm still a "dear friend" even though we definitely don't bring peace and quiet when we come!

    Oh, and I'll do dishes any time if I can have more lemon creme cake or salmon alfraedo!Furthermore, thank you for loving me enough to keep it to paper plates since I was working for food!

    ReplyDelete

Free Counters